Tuesday, November 12, 2013

We have done several crafty things this week.  Austin is working on the Letter B for Beach so he did a beach theme craft and Adelaide got to join in the fun this time.  She really wants to do crafts with us and loves all things crafty.   I have been putting her off because I haven't wanted the mess which isn't fair so I am going to try and involve her more in what the boys are doing.  Yesterday Austin and Adelaide decorated starfish.  We even broke out the glitter for this adventure!





It wasn't as much of a mess as I thought it would be...of course it helped that all the tubes of glitter were almost empty...

Gavin painted a terra cotta pot Greek style, painting geometric patterns on the top and bottom and people in the middle.  I didn't take a picture of the final product yet, I'm waiting until I put a plant in it which should be some time this week and then I'll post a picture.


Adelaide will draw on anything with anything.  I have gotten her to only use paper, which is an improvement, but she will color on any paper she finds, even though she has a drawer with paper that she knows she is allowed to have.  Gavin has to be very careful with his school books and papers.

To finish their craft from yesterday, Austin and Adelaide glued sand paper to the bottom of some oceany scrapbook paper I had on hand, then glued down their starfish.




No project is complete in this house without googly eyes!


And here they are!

Austin and I have read these books about the beach.


Gavin did a really neat craft today for China, which is our country in geography this month.  First, we tore pieces of construction paper in the colors he needed, then he used them to make a panda bear.


Adelaide had to do it too when she saw the glue back out so I gave her her own paper to glue on.



I forgot to take a picture of his final picture but you can kind of see it here.  I'll try to remember tomorrow and put it up.

Austin played with Play-Doh today.

Adelaide painted in a paint with water book.



Continuing his study of ancient Greece, Gavin put together a paper model of the Trojan Horse, which is free on this website: http://www.dltk-kids.com/world/greece/m-trojan.htm




In science, Gavin is continuing to learn about the ocean.  This week the focus is on large ocean animals.  He asked me today if he could learn about the ocean for the rest of second grade!  I think he just likes that it's a lot easier than Chemistry!



These are the books he has read about Ancient Greece so far this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment