Monday, January 14, 2013

Today we learned about the California gold rush.  We read this book:
Then Gavin panned for gold.  If it wasn't below freezing outside I would have put water in the dishpan and made him do it outside, but, it was way too cold for that.  I thought briefly about doing it in the bathtub but honestly just didn't want to clean the mess.  Anyway, a couple weeks ago I had Gavin find 10 rocks in the backyard.  I spray painted them with metallic gold spray paint and 'hid' them in a dishpan full of rocks.  Gavin used a foil tin pan to look for the gold in the rocks.








So I thought Austin would want to join us in this activity but instead he worked on his fire truck puzzle.  I had already helped him with it twice but he wanted to do it again.  It's about four feet long and he really likes putting it together!


It's a little hard for him to do by himself but he was patient.  He didn't get it completed but we ran out of time and had to put it away.


No comments:

Post a Comment