Thursday, February 18, 2010

There was no school on Monday because of President's Day and tomorrow is a Teacher Workday so we have another short week this week!

The boys and I have been enjoying some time at home. Gavin got some Batman stuff for Valentine's Day and has spent most of his time playing with Batman! He has been able to play outside a little bit although it is still really cold. Hopefully it will start to warm up a little once March gets here. I am looking forward to spring. I've been planning our landscaping and browsing gardening catalogs and I am looking forward to being able to go to the farmer's market again.

Austin has figured out he can move but he isn't crawling yet. He pushes himself with his arms so he usually goes backwards or turns in a circle. He is also discovering that his big brother's toys are much more interesting than his own.

Gavin had I have worked on logic puzzles and mathematical reasoning skills this week. We finished our books about George Washington and the Teddy Roosevelt chapter book. Now we are reading about Abe Lincoln. I also found some great books about Mount Rushmore, the White House and the Presidency that have great information but in a simple format that we have read. I might have to buy them because they are really good and we are enjoying them. I think there is a whole series.

Here are some pictures I've taken this week.















No comments:

Post a Comment