Sunday, September 20, 2009

Austin's Cowboy Western Room






Austin's room turned out nicely too I think although it wasn't as complicated as Gavin's room. It started out lilac and mint green with a yellow chair rail and trim. I had the hardest time deciding what theme to use in his room and I couldn't finding any crib bedding that really inspired me. Then I found this really cute cowboy set on eBay at a store called Cotton Patch of Virginia. I was able to tell the owner exactly what I wanted using the fabrics she had and she made it and had it in the mail within two weeks! I think it turned out really well and it fits perfectly - even the bumper.
Then I matched the red in the horseshoe fabric at Lowe's so I painted the bottom of the wall red and the top a color called Tagsdale Linen (or something like that). Anyway, a few accessories later and we have a cowboy room! Austin seems to like it! He loves looking at the cowboys on the bumper in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristyn! Austin's bedroom turned out FABULOUS!!! You are quite a decorator and an artist, too! So talented!! Gavin's bedroom is also very cute and your boys are adorable :) Having 3 boys myself, I am definitely partial to boys. Thank you for the pictures and for passing my name along for the bedding. Cheers, Barbara *The Cotton Patch of Virginia*

    ReplyDelete