Monday, September 28, 2009

Our Kitchen






Here are some before and after pictures of our kitchen. It's not exactly done. We still need new countertops and lighting and to get our dining room table out of storage, but, it's so much better than when we started. We started with horrible, dingy, country wallpaper and barn red beadboard. The ceiling had cobwebs and dust all over it.
I stripped the wall paper and just doing that helped a lot. Then Steven took all the popcorn off the ceiling painted it. I finally settled on a color thanks to my Aunt Joan. She came over to help me pick out colors for the house and then came back the next day to bring me a book of paint colors from Pottery Barn. I love Pottery Barn and had no idea they had colors picked out! So, the kitchen is a Pottery Barn color (Benjamin Moore paint) called Hawthorne Yellow. I think it's beautiful and cheery. The beadboard is Windham Cream, another Benjamin Moore color. I found a super deal on some botanical prints on eBay and they bring in some more color. I really like it! Steven hasn't said anything about it so I assume he likes it too! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment