Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gavin's Truck Bedroom






So most of you know that we just bought a new house about six weeks ago now so as we get rooms finished I'll put up some pictures. Since Gavin loves all things on wheels, it seemed natural to give him a truck/transportation bedroom. It is complete with a construction site and a car accident - both scenes he requested. We started with a blank slate in this room and the mural was actually fairly simple to paint. I just painted the top a sky blue, the bottom grass green, then painted a black road between them. When that dried, I put up the yellow lines on the road and made houses and a few trees. The paint samples at Lowe's were great for this because I picked out 4 or 5 primary colors and got sample cans so it's still wall paint. Then I used wallies for cars and trucks. I think it turned out nicely and Gavin loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment