Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We spent most of our morning outside playing since the weather is so nice.  After school, we went back outside and Gavin practiced riding his bike again but just for a little bit.  I forgot to grab the camera before I left the house so I didn't get any pictures.  But, here are some pictures I took this morning.



While I was making lunch, Austin came in to show me a nice (and partly smashed, poor thing!) worm he found.  He was extremely proud of himself!  I wish I had my camera in hand when he first came in and showed it to me!


We are on the ninth chapter of Charlotte's Web and enjoying it so far.

We finished Grandfather Frog and moved on to Danny Meadow Mouse.  It's been very exciting so far...lots of predators for a mouse!


I don't think I've posted our poem for May.  It's another poem by Robert Louis Stevenson, one of our favorite poets.  Here it is...

Bed In Summer
by Robert Louis Stevenson

In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light.
In summer, quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.

I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still going past me in the street.

And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?


No comments:

Post a Comment