Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Yesterday when we sat down to start school Daisy was laying on Gavin's desk!  We did get her to move but she was quite indignant about it.
 
Yesterday we finished up perimeter.  Gavin figured out the perimeter of an Olympic sized swimming pool.

We read about the Battle of Bull Run and Gavin started tracing the battle map.  He didn't quite finish so he will finish it tomorrow.

Gavin and I took turns reading chapters out of this book last weekend.  Gavin loves this series!


This morning Gavin practiced subtracting large numbers in his head.  We played the corners game where you connect numbers that are multiples of 5 but instead of adding our score we both started with 150 points and worked our way down to 0. 




Austin worked in my garden for me this afternoon.

In the spring I planted a cantaloupe and it didn't do anything all summer.  Today we saw one cantaloupe on the vine.  I don't know if it will ripen or not, but I kind of doubt it this late in the year.  I'm not sure why the plant is so confused!


Here are a couple books we have read about the savanna, our current habitat.


Gavin read this book yesterday and today.

The boys watched The Metropolitan Opera's production of 'Hansel and Gretel' this afternoon.  They both enjoyed it!
 
Gavin has been copying Abraham Lincoln quotes for copywork.  Here are a few he has done. 
 
"I believe that the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man.  All the good from the Saviour of the world is communicated to us through this book."
 
"My concern is not whether God is on our side my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right."
 
"Every man's happiness is his own responsiblilty."
 
"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."
 
"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read."
 
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
 


No comments:

Post a Comment