Monday, April 25, 2011

Dancing Artists

This morning Gavin and Austin spent some time dancing around the living room.


















Then we got down to business! We read a little more about bird nests. This time we read about different kinds of nests like cup nests, mound nests, hanging nests, etc. We started a craft that we will finish tomorrow. Today just consisted of painting a paper plate brown. Not super exciting.














Here in a month or two I will post about our kindergarten plans. I have been planning Gavin's kindergarten and trying to come up with ways to include Austin as much as possible because I know he will not want to be left out! Anyway, I made these two charts on my handy Cricut machine today. The first one is just a check off for Gavin so he can put a star under each subject he completes each day. I used velcro to attach the subject pictures and the stars. This way I can change the subjects as needed.



Right now Gavin's chore chart is more a habits chart but I want him to have certain things done before school starts and I don't want to have to remind him every morning. So, this is my attempt at getting him to be responsible for himself. We'll see how it goes! Anyway, again, I attached picture clues for the things he needs to do with velcro so once they are habits I can put on new pictures and make it an actual chore chart.


So, he is supposed to make his bed, brush his teeth, wash his face, get dressed and eat breakfast before school starts. I put play violin on there because he will be responsible for making sure he practices at least twice a week. I also put feed the dogs because it's really the only chore he has to do every day right now. He does lots of things around the house but they are once or twice a week type chores.



Here are the books we read today. Stellaluna really has nothing to do with nests I just like the story. Stellaluna is a baby bat that ends up falling into a birds' nest and tries to act like a baby bird.



This is a cute book about a grandfather and granddaughter going birdwatching together. Gavin thought it was funny.



We finished Happy Jack the Squirrel. I asked Gavin if he wanted to start a new knight book I got but he said he wanted to read another from the Thornton Burgess series. So today we started Grandfather Frog. I'm going to have to see if I can get some more books by this author.
We have four chapters left of The Trumpet of the Swan.


No comments:

Post a Comment