Monday, September 5, 2011

My Crafty Weekend

Since I had the weekend, which turned into a little over 24 hours, without the boys, I decided to get some projects done.  Please ignore all the sewing stuff in the background of these pictures!  First I finished making Gavin's pajamas so he is ready for the colder months. 

Then I worked on a couple Christmas gifts...that's right, I am planning ahead!  I made a mailbox, mailbag, envelopes and stamps for the boys.  It will probably be for both of them since I think they will both like to play with it.  I got the idea and tutorial from this website:

Here's the mailbox I did yesterday.


The envelopes: the Velcro seals the envelopes and the 'stamps' Velcro onto the back of the envelopes so they can mix and match them.  You can see a stamp on the envelope on the top right.

And the messenger style mailbag to put their envelopes in.  It also Velcro's closed.  It's kind of hard to read the letters in this picture but it says MAIL.

I made this car carrier for Austin.  This is a picture of it when it's open.  The cars fit into little pockets on the bottom.  I got this idea from this website:

The top part with the road folds down over the pockets and then you roll it up.  It's small enough to throw in my purse so we can take it to soccer games or restaurants.


The rest of what I made aren't Christmas gifts, just some things I wanted to make for fall.  I made the boys these turkey shirts.  I got the template for the turkey at this website:

I made two of these little pennents for Halloween to go on the back of the boys chairs.  I think I'm going to get some Halloween ribbon and tie bows in between the letters.

And finally, I made these little pumpkin shirts.  The fabric I used has turkeys on it.


That was my weekend.  I got more done then I thought I would and I even got to watch Jane Austen's Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment