Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gavin and Dad head to Faurot Field

Gavin and I headed to the Mizzou-ISU football game this afternoon for a little father-son time. I posted in September about our trip to the Furman game, so anyone who reads this already knows that Gavin loves going to the games with me. Gavin was well-behaved as usual. He loved watching Truman the Tiger do his thing, and hearing the cannon discharge after a Mizzou score. For those who don't know, whenever Mizzou scores a touchdown, the cannon is fired, and the stadium announcer says, "Touchdown Missouri, M-I-Z," to which the crowd replies, "Z-O-U." Well, as we were leaving the game, (MU won 34-24), I was carrying Gavin on my shoulders. As I walked us back to the truck, Gavin repeatedly said, "Boom! Touchdown, M-I-Z." Of course, I had to reply Z-O-U. There were several other fans nearby who were more than happy to chime in with such an enthusiastic little fan. I have yet to take Gavin to the game when someone doesn't come up and say something about how great Gavin is. After all the excitement, Gavin was pretty tired. By the time we got halfway home, he was asleep in his car seat. I'm a little sad that this is the last home game this year, so no more games with Gavin until next fall.











No comments:

Post a Comment