Monday, November 30, 2009

The Christmas Spirit







We are ready for Christmas! Well, not completely, but we're working on it. Saturday we got our Christmas tree and then had Steven's birthday lunch. He had a chocolate cake with chocolate/cream cheese frosting and got some nice new clothes.





Then Sunday morning we decorated our tree.

Before:




After:

And today, Gavin and I have been decorating for Christmas.



Here is the fireplace:


The thing in front of the fireplace is a countdown nativity. The middle manger part is magnetic and each day you open the box with the right number on it and remove one piece of the manger scene and stick it in the middle so by Christmas Eve you have the whole scene.

Gavin and Austin's stockings. I had gotten Gavin's from LL Bean so I got Austin one from them too.

This is the sofa table behind the couch (obviously):


My Precious Moments Christmas village and a countdown to Christmas for Gavin (maybe he'll stop asking if it's Christmas yet):



The table in the kitchen. The tree in the background hasn't been decorated yet because the decorations I use for it got ruined in their box so I have to get some more!



A bowl I put on the island in our kitchen.


Gavin put up a tree in his room with 'boy' decorations.





He also decorated the rest of his room by taking my decorations I'd put around the house and sticking them in his room! (I did organize them a little bit!)



Gavin also wrote his letter to Santa today!

No comments:

Post a Comment